[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
2nd Fleet Communications • View topic - Screenshots
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Screenshots
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:47 am 
Staff Officer

Every Forum needs those, so here we go ;)
Mine are linked, not posted directly, way too large...

Now yours ;)

Post subject: Re: Screenshots
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:44 pm 
Forum Captain

I'm still a nub (just hit LT5) so don't have anything exciting shipwise: but I think my avatar is the best looking Cardassian in Starfleet :-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 am 
Staff Officer

large ship, compared to previous tier ships, as you may have already seen.
And as a cruiser it turns like the Great Wall in China :|

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:31 am 
Staff Officer

Tier 5 Assault Cruiser, NX-493394 USS Startraveller-C, at your service :)

stock Sovereign with only the neck from from the Majestic class

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:38 pm 
Forum Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:11 pm 
Forum Captain

redeemed my const class from the pre-order, not much to look at but the extra engineering slot is kinda nice. LT7 though so I should be hitting ltcmdr soon and getting a better ship

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:57 pm 
Staff Officer

Neat ship.
What is its advantage again compared to the regular Tier 1 class ship? one more console or something, or?

Just went out and bought a Somraw Raptor, to compare vs the Bird of Prey. Already miss my Battle Cloak, as the BoP's the only one which has it. However also have to be sort of geared to use it properly. Cloaking while fully under fire can kill you,
due to no shields ^^ So need to compensate.
The Raptor again has fixed stations, while the BoP has universal stations (i.e. you can use 3 engineers, or 2 eng 1 sci, 2 tac 1 eng, or 1 sci 1 eng 1 tac etc, while the Raptor has fixed stations, but 4 stations, 2 tac, 1 eng, 1 sci. Neat ship to fly, lower impulse mod (16 compared to the tier 2 BoP's 22), but double the crew, so repairs are faster.

The Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:38 am 
Forum Captain

Yeah, only advantage the pre-order ship has is one extra console.

Not crazy about the look of the raptor, seems too "flat" to me, that is pretty cool though that you have more flexibility with your stations. Do you enjoy Klingons or Fed better or are they both about the same play-wise?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 pm 
Staff Officer

Can't say yet.
With Feds I have all the quests, ground and space.

With Klinks there's so far only PvP with limited PvE in the Kahless Expanse (the missions there are like Fed Deep Space Encounters),
or PvE mixed with PvP in the Space War Zones, e.g. Borg Nodes in Eta Eridani Sector.
More content however 's planned, and I don't mind the PvP.
However so far apart from space I have no use yet for my Bridge crew ^^
All Ground action is either on Qo'nos, Galadon(sp) Station, or Ground PvP.

But yes, it's fun.
Circle around the feds, pick a target with your group, uncloak and unleash all ye have ^^.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 am 
Staff Officer

As planned from the beginning, once I got me the Assault Cruiser I'd get myself a Star Cruiser too.
The difference between both is that the Assault Cruiser has
2 Science Stations, 3 Tactical Stations, 4 Engineering stations,
with 1 ENS Tactical, 1 LT Tactical, 1 LT Science, 1 LTC Engineer, 1 CMD Engineer Officer,
800 Crew
compared to Star Cruiser2 Tactical Stations, 3 Science Stations, 4 Engineering Stations
with 1 ENS Science, 1 LT Science, 1 LT Tactical, 1 LTC Engineer, 1 CMD Engineer Officer.
1000 crew

The Star Cruiser's quite slim compared to others, especially the Tier 4 cruisers O_O.
here are pixies:

NX-108622 USS Starseeker, a mix out of the Avenger, Celestial and Emissary class